Vegan food is no longer synonymous with eating meals that are plain or bland with little to no variety. As more people make smarter food choices to support a healthier lifestyle, Pantry aims to provide not just incredible products, but also the recipes to go along with them! This infusion of cannabis with vegan peanut butter cookies will give grandma’s old recipe a run for her money!
How to make vegan peanut butter cookie edibles
For this recipe, we’ll be substituting vegan butter with our Pantry Signature Series EVOO Olive Oil. Plain extra virgin olive oil has far less saturated fat than vegan butter, which is often made with multiple plant-based oils. Two of these oils, palm kernel (85%) and coconut oil (83%), are six to ten times higher in saturated fat compared to regular olive oil (14%)!
In case you need more convincing, many bakers also find baking cookies with olive oil instead of butter creates gooier, softer cookies, and who doesn’t like those?!
Course: Dessert, holiday cookies
Makes 20 bars
Serving Size: 1 cookie
THC per serving: 2.5 mg
CBD per serving: 2.5 mg
Prep time: 10-15 min
Cook time: 10-12 min
Cool time: 5-10 min
1 cup peanut butter*
1 cup all-purpose flour
2 tbsp almond milk, soy, or water
½ cup Pantry Signature Series EVOO Olive Oil
¼ tsp salt
½ cup sugar (Organic pure cane or coconut)
½ cup packed brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
¾ tsp baking soda
½ tsp baking powder
*Crunchy or creamy, that’s up to you! You can also use sunbutter or almond butter if you’re allergic to peanuts.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line the cookie sheet with parchment paper or a silicone mat.
- Combine the peanut butter, olive oil, almond milk, vanilla, and both sugars into a large bowl. Use a mixer to beat the ingredients until the mixture is soft and creamy.
- In a separate bowl, add all dry ingredients (flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder) and whisk them together.
- Stir the dry ingredients with the wet ingredients and mix them on low until they form a sticky dough.
- Use a 1.5 to 2-inch cookie scoop and roll the dough with your hands into a ball. Place the dough balls on the baking sheet about 2 inches apart.
- Flatten the dough down with a fork using a crisscross pattern. Sprinkle some extra sugar on them if you’d like!
- Put the cookies in the oven for about 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. They might look underdone when you take them out, but don’t let that fool you! The cookies will continue to firm up while they sit and cool.
- Once out of the oven, have the cookies sit for 5-10 minutes before transferring them to a wire rack.
Cannabis cooking helps open the gateway to a healthier lifestyle
At Pantry, we’ve made it our mission to show the power cannabis has both as food and medicine. Finding healthier alternatives to our favorite foods has never been easier thanks to the internet. There are thousands of new recipes for almost every type of cuisine you could imagine, and the list is growing by the minute!