Spiced Butternut Squash Soup, Pomegranate, Pumpkin Seed, and Pantry Evoo
If you’re struggling to find a tasty side dish for your holiday dinner, this spiced butternut squash soup won’t disappoint. After all, no one can resist a warm bowl of soup on a cold day, especially when made like this! Pantry’s very own Chef Michael Magliano also adds a personal touch by infusing this hearty soup with his Signature Series Olive Oil. A dash of THC and CBD with your soup will leave you feeling calm and cozy all winter long.
Course: Appetizer, side dish, lunch
Diet: Vegan, gluten-free, keto and paleo friendly
Makes 6 servings
Serving size: 1/6 recipe
THC per serving: 6.5 mg
CBD per serving: 6.5 mg
Prep time: 10-15 min
Cook time: 30-40 min
- 2 oz extra virgin olive oil (non-infused)
- 1 each butternut squash, diced
- 2 each parsnip, diced
- 1 each rutabega, diced
- 1 each leek, white part only
- 1 each granny smith apple, diced
- 2-3 quart veg stock
- 2 tbsp ginger chopped
- 1 tsp clove, ground
- ½ tsp cardamon, ground
- 2 tsp tumeric, ground
- 1 each Bay Leaf
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- black pepper to taste
- sea salt to taste
- pomegranate seeds for garnish
- pumpkin seeds for garnish
- 1 tbsp Chef Magliano's Signature Series Olive Oil to garnish
- In a large pot sweat the squash, parsnip, rutabaga, leeks, apple and ginger with the extra virgin olive oil over medium heat for about 10 minutes. Stir often to avoid caramelization of vegetables.
- Add the clove, bay, cardamon, turmeric and sweat another minute then cover the vegetables with the stock. Bring to a simmer and cover cooking another 15-20 minutes until very tender. Add more stock periodically, as needed, to keep covered.
- Transfer all ingredients from pot to blender and puree on high, adjusting the consistency with the liquid from cooking. Season with maple syrup, salt and pepper.
- Ladle hot soup into bowl and garnish with pomegranate seeds, pumpkin seeds, and Chef Magliano's Signature Series Olive Oil.
Looking for other healthy holiday recipes using Chef Magliano's THC and CBD infused olive oil? Try this side dish recipe for keto-friendly mashed cauliflower with garlic olive oil!