Buffalo chicken dip may be the pinnacle of Super Bowl foods-- and we've raised the bar this year by infusing it with cannabis. With a dish like this you can REALLY kick back and enjoy the game. We've made this recipe low-dose so canna-sseuers and canna-curious can all enjoy without over-dosing.
We've chosen to make this dip in a slow-cooker for a few IMPORTANT reasons. The slow-cooker will ensure a nice melt of the cheese, and it will allow you to keep the dip warmed while you enjoy it throughout the game. Most importantly though, the low temperature will preserve the cannabis so that you have consistent dosing and get the desired effect. You may have heard before that exposure to high heat (in cooking) can cause cannabinoids to break down or change so that they make you drowsy. Adding the olive oil at the end of the recipe and keeping the dip on a low-heat setting will ensure that this does not occur for your dip.
Pantry has two olive oils that you can choose from for this recipe-- a THC-infused olive oil and a 1:1 olive oil with THC and CBD. We've added a low dose to this recipe, but feel free to add more if you have a higher tolerance!
Course: Side Dishes
Makes 16 dip servings
Serving Size: 1/4 cup of dip
THC per serving: 1.5 mg
CBD per serving: 1.5 mg
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 15-25 min
(Tip: if you are new to consuming cannabis, try our dosing calculator to find what a typically amount of edibles may be for someone your size/weight/etc)
- 2 cups shredded chicken (rotisserie chicken)
- 1/2 cup hot sauce
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 block (8oz) cream cheese (or neufchâtel cheese)
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup blue cheese or blue cheese dressing (optional)
- 1 Sliced green onion
- 4 tablespoons Pantry olive oil
- Celery sticks, carrots, tortilla chips chips or other items to serve the dip with!
- Shred rotisserie chicken meat with 2 forks, then add into a slow cooker or baking tray. Chop both green onions and set aside.
- Combine your sour cream, cheeses and hot sauce with the chicken in the slow cooker/baking tray and lightly mix together to distribute ingredients somewhat evenly in the tray. Cook on high for 20 minutes.
- Once cheese is melted and edges are bubbling, stir in Pantry olive oil to combine ingredients evenly. Garnish with green onions and serve with celery sticks, carrots, tortilla chips chips or other items!
Interested in other Super Bowl recipes to share with your friends? Check out our buffalo cauliflower bites recipe which are a vegan option for the big game day!