There’s nothing better than giving the gift of baked goods, and you’re going to want to add these Glow Bite Chocolate Dipped Macaroons to your list of holiday baking. Made with just 6 ingredients, these THC macaron are an easy and elevated treat you can whip up in less than an hour!
Made with Pantry’s new Glow Bites, each cookie has about 4mg THC, which is great for microdosing – or layering, for those of us with a higher tolerance. If you would like to reduce this dosage (so you can eat more macaroons... drool), you can dilute the dosage by increasing the amount of white chocolate chips and reducing the amount of Pantry chocolates (Glow Bites). This will yield the same amount of chocolate drizzle while lowering the dose per cookie.
Another way to reduce the cannabis-dosage per cookie would be to skip the chocolate coating on the bottom of the macaroons. By lowering the amount of chocolate you will reduce both the THC content and also the sugar content per cookie.
Pro-tip-- Want to make the recipe even faster/easier? Many grocery stores sell macaroons in their fresh-baked goods season, especially around the holidays. You can make the chocolate drizzle at home and drip it over the cookies or macaroons of your choice!
Are Macaroons Gluten-Free?
Yes! Macaroons are naturally gluten-free as they are held together by a base formed sugar and egg white, so no gluten or flour is used.
Are Macaroons Vegan?
No. Since macaroons are whipped together from a base of egg and sugar, they are not vegan. Additionally, we have utilized a chocolate drizzle in this recipe that may contain milk (depending on the chocolate you choose to use).
These chocolate dipped macaroon edibles wouldn’t be the same without Pantry’s Glow Bites! In addition to their color, these bites boast a delicious peppermint flavor that pairs perfectly with our chewy and delicious meringue cookies. If you want your dipping chocolate to be a bit brighter blue, feel free to add blue spirulina, or even blue food coloring to your white chocolate chips after melting! Happy baking!
How to bake chocolate dipped edible macaroons
Course: Dessert, Party Snack
Serving size: 1 macaroon
THC per serving: ~4mg THC
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Bake Time: 20-25 minutes
Total Time: 40-45 minutes
Cooking Tools for THC Macaroons
Electric hand mixer
Ingredients for Chocolate Drizzled Macaroon Edibles
- 5 egg whites
- ½ cup cane sugar (can be subbed with coconut sugar or monkfruit)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 cups unsweetened shredded coconut
- 10 pieces Pantry Glow Bites
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 tsp blue spirulina (optional, for color)
Recipe Instructions: How to Make THC Macaroons
- Preheat oven to 325℉ and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Separate your egg yolks from the whites.
- Place egg whites, sugar, and vanilla in a large bowl. Using an electric hand mixer, whip eggs until white and thick, and stiff peaks form.
- Gently fold in shredded coconut until fully combined.
- Scoop about 1 ½ tbsp of the egg mixture onto your baking sheet. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until macaroons are just set and become slightly golden brown.
- Let cookies cool for a few minutes on the baking sheet and then transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, add white chocolate chips and Pantry Glow Bites. Microwave for 30 seconds, and then stir. Microwave in 15-second increments and stir each time until chocolate is fully melted. Do not overheat, let chocolate melt while stirring instead of adding more time in the microwave.
- If you want your chocolate to have more of a blue color, whisk blue spirulina little by little into the melted chocolate until fully combined. Let mixture cool slightly.
- Dip cooled macaroons into melted chocolate mixture and place back on parchment paper. Let the chocolate set in the fridge until hardened. Then enjoy!
How to Store Macaroons
Wondering how to make your confectionary creation last? Macaroons can be stored at room temperature and consumed for a few days. With refrigeration, macaroons will be safe to consume for about two weeks. Want to keep them longer? Pop them in the freezer and save them for later! Macaroons actually freeze very well and can be taken out to thaw for just a few hours before you are ready to consume them.
Start making your own yummy superfood macaroon edibles by ordering our Pantry Superfood Bites for pickup or delivery through our online store!
If you’re interested in trying another cannabis dessert, we used the Cacao Keto Bites in another recipe to bake these Paleo Chocolate Cake Bars.