A little salty and a little sweet, chocolate covered pretzels are an easy sweet treat to share for a big game day like the Super Bowl or a night shared with all your valentine/galentines.
We've used Pantry cacao bites which are an extra-dark chocolate infused with a 1:1 ratio of THC to CBD. These cacao bites are vegan and are made from just a few ingredients: cacao, cocoa butter, a trace amount of coconut sugar and cannabis.
To keep this full recipe vegan, all you need to do is choose a semi-sweet chocolate that is also vegan. The most important part of this recipe is choosing a chocolate you love the taste of, so if you like milk chocolate or white chocolate go ahead and use that. If you like dark chocolate like us -- that will also work!
We've set the cannabis dose to low in the recipe, but feel free to add more cacao bites to increase the dosage if you have a higher tolerance to THC/CBD! The serving size is 8 mini-pretzels on purpose so you can snack away without worrying. If you are new to consuming cannabis, try our dosing calculator to find what a typically amount of edibles may be for someone your size/weight/etc.
Course: Side Dishes, desserts
Makes 9 servings
Serving Size: 8 mini pretzels
THC per serving: ~2 mg
CBD per serving: ~2 mg
Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 5 min
Cool time: 60 mins
- 24 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 4 Pantry cacao bites
- 4 oz (72 total) mini pretzels
- Salt or sprinkles, to garnish (Optional)
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. If available, place a cookie rack on top.
- Combine the semi-sweet chocolate and Pantry cacao bites in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave at 50% power at 30 seconds intervals, mixing between each interval.
- Near the baking sheet, dip a pretzel in the chocolate mixture, pushing it down with a fork to submerge it. Use the fork to remove the pretzel from the chocolate and move it to the baking sheet for drying. Repeat until all pretzels are chocolate coated.
- Once all pretzels are on the sheet, place any remaining melted chocolate into a plastic bag (ziplock, etc). Seal the bag and cut off a small corner to create a piping bag. Drizzle the remaining chocolate over the pretzels evenly. Optionally, you can add seasonal sprinkles to be festive on a holiday.
- Let cool for 30 minutes, then enjoy!
Interested in other chocolate-lover recipes that you can share? Check out our paleo chocolate cake bars!